Saturday, August 18, 2012

 

Are You Going to Scarborough Fair?


If so, I hope you have a lovely time.

We, however, are not.

Today is Food Onna Stick day, Chez Lapin.

We are going to go to the PNE. Whilst there we shall eat ALL the things. Most of the things will be onna stick; the rest will either be inna bun or presented in a brightly-coloured and environmentally-questionable container.

Little of this alleged food will have much in the way of nutritional value. Much will be deep-fried (dudes, year before last they were selling DEEP FRIED BUTTER! If they have it again this year, I think I'll try it. If I keel over from cardiac arrest, you can have my stuff).

Her Surreal Highness and I have done this once a year for many years. We couldn't do it last year due to lack of finances, however we have a little to spare (really we don't, as I should have paid the cable bill instead but I can talk them into waiting until next week when I'm paid again, and we need this).

This year Mr. Assmuppet will accompany us for the second time -- we usually do this without him.

I expect that the entire day will be hilarious and expensive. I anticipate spending about $20 throwing darts at balloons, only to get a 6" high stuffed animal made in China for a dollar or less.

I'm sure I'll treasure it for at least a week.

There will also be smepping of llamas, skritching of goats and sheep, and possibly a little taunting of ducks and pigs.

I intend to ride the carousel and, if I get terribly brave, also the Ferris wheel.

And then, at the end of the day, there is a concert that we are hoping to get to. It's included in the entry fee and I've never seen Heart live -- I'm gonna get there if I have to drag my sleeping and sunburned family in a sack.

Photos to follow.

Today I suspect it won't suck even a little to be me.



Comments:
We joke in our house about fried butter since our feeling is that most things taste better fried and/or with butter. Sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind and eat like there's not such thing as cholesterol (and besides, they make these pills now.....)
 
Yep, they were selling deep-fried butter at the state fair last year, too. I resisted the temptation! Enjoy Heart, even if the rest of the fam sleeps through it!
 
Heart! They still tour?! I saw them live in high school umpty-million years ago and they totally rocked.
Hope you have a great time :-)
 
I hope you had a great time!
P.S. I understand Skritching. What is smepping?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?