Saturday, December 08, 2007

 

Oh Craigslist, How I Love Thee!


I was going to go on and on about the many interesting things I have learned this past week, mostly while riding public transit, however I have just scooped the deal of the century. Or at least of the month.

TAANIKO(Maori Hand-Weaving) by Joyee Ronald Smith
OFF-LOOM WEAVING- Little,Browne
WEAVING IS FOR ANYONE-Jean Wilson
WEAVER’S STUDY COURSE- (Ideas and Techniques)-Else Regensteiner
WOVEN IMAGES;BOLIVIAN WEAVING FROM THE 19th and 20th CENTURIES- Roger Yorke
WEAVING(A handbook of the fiber arts)- Shirley E. Held
NEW DESIGN IN WEAVING- Donald Willcox
HANDWOVEN’S DESIGN COLLECTION 1 from Interweave Press
FASHIONS FROM THE LOOM- Betty J. Beard
WEAVE WITH STYLE- Jean Wilson
THE BASIC BOOK OF FINGERWEAVING-Esther Warner Dendel
WEAVING AS AN ART FORM(A personal statement)- Theo Moorman
NEEDLEWEAVING(easy as embroidery)- Esther Warner Dendel
WEAVING(Techniques & Projects)- A Sunset Publication
WEAVING YOU CAN WEAR- Jean Wilson with Jan Burhen
IKAT- Lydia Van Gelder
THE KEY TO WEAVING- Mary E. Black
STEP BY STEP WEAVING- Nell Znamierowski

For about $2.75 each. Delivered.

I do believe I shall stop grousing, at least for the rest of the day.

*dance*

Comments:
Congratulations! I did my own dance for you as well.
 
Thanks. I now feel compelled to search Craigslist for books I have no space for but probably can not live without. Because in addition to a wheel, I am also coveting a loom. One that will make great big pieces of cloth and also fold down to be less than 1" thick so I can hide it under the couch with the legos and the missing dpns.
 
::gasp:: Oh, cool!!! What a haul, congrats, Merry Christmas and yowsa. Ooooh, the ikat book--bet you'll especially love that one, should be some interesting dyeing bits in it!
 
Nice!!
 
You have been a good girl! We'll pretend this was Santa, right? Awesome!
 
Score!

Though I'll admit I'm terribly curious about the post-that-would-have-been...maybe another day?
 
Nice collection. Should keep you occupied for a while.

www.karenjoseattle.com
 
Knittage, Spinnage, Dyage, and now Weavage??? You are going to have NO time left for sleepage. Don't ask how I know this.
 
Congratulations!! What a find!
 
I think you should not grouse for at least a week after that kind of crafty book orgasm! Besides, you'll have your nose stuck in them every spare second anyway! On second thought, I can see where children might be a hinderance to this... Just try not to grouse too much.

Molly
 
Hey, I was looking at those, too. You scooped me you Rabbitch, you. So glad you got them.
Janet
 
Nice swag! Is this a new fiber art that you're getting into, or do you already weave (as well as knitting and dyeing like a goddess)? The Maori one looks especially cool. BTW, if you want to do the PIF, I'll knit for you, too ;) (Ooh! And knitting for a fourth can count as a RAK for Sheri's blog -- I'm just rolling in the kindness this week)(snort). Just let me know if you want to play!
 
Great spy, but I think that makes you an enabeler. I must try to resit a bit before I give in and break down.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?