Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Mutterings


I'm just in from a guild meeting and boy are my arms tired! No, wait. I drove. Wrong line.

It was a great evening. I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in the presence of so many other women who understood perfectly this ridiculous lust for fibre. There was a speaker from the West Coast Knitters' Guild. Interesting enough, but not enough to make me feel like joining, alas.

This is probably a good thing as I think one meeting a month is about all I can manage to find time for. Wasn't I going to have a ton of extra time once Eleanor started kindergarten?

I took Lily along with me but she was the only wheel there and she didn't want to be stared at, so I took the opportunity to finish the pinque shawl I'm making to send to Melanie. It's all done but the blocking. That is, if she's about the same height as me. Melanie, would you drop me a line and let me know if you happen to be about 4'11" or 6'2" and I'll make appropriate adjustments? If you're in around 5'6" somewhere then we're in business as it stands.

I'm uninspired at the moment with regard to blogging ("And this would be different from the usual how?" I hear you say) so I shall wimp out by answering the meme sent me by Imbrium.

The rules are:

1. Go into your archive.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the fifth sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
5. Tag five people to do the same.

Mine is from August of last year ...

"These cards inspired me (once I went and changed my pants, thankyouverymuch) to look out some of my own old recipe books."

Oh well, at least I didn't say "ass".

As for tagging, I think I've annoyed just about everyone I know with memes over the last couple of months. Trixie? You in?

I think that's about the only person I can count on not to hit me with things for asking her ...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?