Sunday, July 31, 2005

 

What I Did On My Summer Vacation


Friday was a disaster. We will not discuss it except to mention the scraped car, the chipped tooth and the fact that the knob to the laundry room door stopped working.

Saturday? Um, isn't this Saturday? Oh, no, we had planned on going down to the Dyke March on Saturday but that didn't work out and we went Tanning with the Transgendered instead. Even better and we all got to ride a big blow-up dolphin around the pool for hours.

Today, I went for a nature hike with my Princess:




and somehow acquired more fleece:




This is three Dorset fleeces plus some more Cheviot (I don't know how many, I just know I could hardly move the bag and it's not like I'm dainty or anything).

I therefore decided that if anyone was going to take me seriously, myself included, I had to get cracking on washing all of this stuff. Washed almost a whole fleece today and dyed some (hopefully for Juno, but we'll see how it turns out). Heading out to work the graveyard, but there will be a real post with actual knitting content (finished half a shawl) tomorrow, I promise!

Comments:
Looks like you are up to yer arse in sheep shuckings girl. Better get a spinning!
 
All righty. You found that bag of fleece while on a hike with your darling daughter? I think your karma investment is starting to pay off!
 
Just wanted to come out of lurkdom to say "Hi!" and tell you how much I love your blog. I discovered it a week or two ago and have been a faithful reader.

I don't know how you keep up the schedule you do; listening to you talk about it makes me tired.
 
I'm also curious about this... rather mysterious fleece aquisition. 3+ fleeces? That's a LOT of washing - happy spinning!
 
Waiting patiently.
For the actual knitting content.
:)
 
Your princess is so cute ! Were you this sweet in your childhood ? If so, WTFH ?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?