Monday, May 23, 2005


Hi Honey, I'm Home!

Oh crap. I seem to have missed a day somewhere in the madness of this weekend.

Friday night out with the boys (and one of the girls) was grand. I got dressed up (but not sleazy, alas -- the PVC was at the cleaners) and we sat about and listened to a bar band that started out pretty good and somehow ended up fantastic (HOW many pitchers of beer did we have??) and a great time was had by all. Nobody danced with me but really, that was likely for the best. We didn't want to have the po-leese show up TWICE in one evening, did we?

Oh yes, and through yelling over the music and singing with every song that came on (every one after the third pitcher of beer, anyhow) I lost my voice.

The rest of the weekend was spent recovering from this utterly vile head cold, working, and hanging out with the cutest kid in the world.

Some knitting got done. Through some sort of blessed mistake, none of the huge pile of paperwork that was supposed to be waiting for me on the Sunday graveyard shift showed up, so after making a few calls to try to track it down (never said I was smart) I hunkered down with my scarf for the Dulaan project and got another 6 or 7" done. If anyone else out there is participating, it's time to put on the push to the finish line -- everything needs to be sent off within the next three or four weeks, I believe.

I also finished another dishcloth (didn't I say I wasn't going to talk about those any more?) and got maybe 3" of the Debbie Bliss Baby sweater done. I'll take a picture of that when there's more than just a boring strip of beige to show off. yes, I know you'll all be waiting in breathless anticipation for the boring SQUARE of beige.

Lily and I have not yet spent any quality time together, I'm saving that until The Job I Really Don't Want is over. This is the final countdown week -- three more days and I'm done. I'm mostly feeling anxiety at this point; I have a huge amount of stuff to get done and not a lot of time in which to do it. Desperately hoping I won't agree to go in on Friday as I've lined up The Weekend from Hell (32 hours of work in a 41 hour period -- don't ask) and I need urgently to sleep as much as possible on Friday in preparation for the blitz.

I am completely avoiding thinking about the fact that my daughter goes for her first Kindergarten visit on Monday the 30th. I'm gonna cry, aren't I?

Anyhow, blogging should be thin on the ground for the next week or so, and if anyone is waiting for anything in the mail from me it'll be at least a week until I can get to the post office, apologies.

Try to be brave until my return.

I was a complete fool Jess' first day. (she goes to "developmental preschool" at the public school. I had to put her on the school bus. She cried, I cried. I jumped in the car raced the school bus to the school, then ran and hid behind a bush so I could see her get off the bus undetected. She was fine. I was a mess.

I hope you survive your weekend.
I stood in the road, staring after the bus, crying my eyes out. My husband had to come out and walk me back into the house.

You do have the benefit of having the cutest kid in the world tho. Sleep well girl.
I just read your comment on crazy aunt purl's blog about the sweet tea. That is a sin you have been this long w/o it! The best recipe boil about 1/2 a gallon of water, use one large tea bag (lipton, or whatever) and when very very hot add 2 cups of sugar. pour that in a gallon container, fill the rest of the way with cold water. Put in the fridge and enjoy. That will make VERY sweet tea.
Dude, must have been someone else who made the sweet tea comment ... I was just telling her to take a deep breath and sit down!
I will wait patiently for that peek at the beige. And for your return, until then I can always read previous posts to curb my addiction! LOL!
Love those shower curtains by the way.
Yay you call it Kindergarten...aww * hugs* yes nice shower certains. i'll read it later when im bored.. lol essay lady :P
What a little doll! :)
The driver on my kid's (the bigger one) kindergarten bus made a >big honkin' deal< out of handing out tissues to the moms.

Of course, it made us smile.

We, and the kids, all loved him!
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?