Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

Just Fucking Stop


Or, more precisely, just stop fucking.

I mean it.

I have something like six impending babies to knit for and we all know how much free time I have. Of course none of the moms are expecting anything (apart from the obvious. shut up) but I think it's always nice to have some little handknit thingie when there's a new baby.

So if everyone could just please hold off on the reproductive mayhem until I'm caught up a bit, I'd really appreciate it.

TIA.

I've been getting more of Other People's Shit (tm) out of my house and into the storage locker, and have been unearthing many boxes labeled thusly:




This one, however, contained a nasty surprise:




Looks innocent enough, right? Just knitted "stuff".




Not so innocent. One of my first attempts at something more than just garter stitch or stockinette.




The HGTV Cuddly Blanket. Cuddly blanket, oh how I hate thee, and how little I regret your current location; to wit, the frog pond.

Fucking thing ate at least a month of my life and was holding my 48" 5mm Addi circ hostage.

Freed up that puppy. Tomorrow night the 4.5mm Addi (60") gets liberated from the Blanket for Stupid. That thing has been bad luck from the start and doesn't deserve to be resurrected.

And then I guess I need to cast on two baby blankets, hmm? (in green cotton?)

Comments:
You could just make them all chicken hats; that should be quick. Or better yet, find a way to trick the chicken hat-alongers into doing them for you.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Well I don't think that I'm gonna stop anytime soon (but just think of how much more knitting time I would have if I did...), luckily I have my friend Ortho Tri-Cyclen :)
 
Instead of sweaters or blankets, how about miniscule slippers or microscopic hats? I bet you could whip out a tiny hat in a couple hours, maybe less if well lubricated.
 
Telling someone to stop "shoulding" all over themselves when in fact they haven't said "should" at one point in the entire post isn't a great idea either.

I dislike store-bought baby presents. If I don't make something for these ladies, then I won't give them anything at all. They're not expecting anything -- I just want to!
 
I misunderstood. I thought you didn't want (or felt too pressured) to knit all these baby presents, and assumed the "should" part. Rereading, I realize that of course you are right, you said you like to do it.

My mistake. Sorry. **slinks off to delete preachy comment**
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?