Thursday, March 24, 2005

 

Musical Chairs


Today I have run the gamut of musical entertainment, from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Early morning found me standing in the office singing "Let's Talk Dirty to the Animals" to a couple of professional musicians, one of whom is a vocalist. I'm nothing if not tasteful. The performance was well-received.

At at noon I was sitting in a theatre listening to someone butcher a work by my favourite classical composer so badly that I had a great urge to rush the stage and set the piano alight, so that nobody could hurt it ever again.

I'm glad I didn't succumb to this completely-understandable urge, as this evening I returned to self-same theatre to listen to two very talented young musicians present their graduation recitals.

Some days being me is a good thing. Having talent would, of course, be a better thing but oh well, you can't have it all; I settled for beauty.

Shut up.

On the knitting front, while enduring "The Rape of the Bach", I managed to get within 20 rows of the end of this visually-dangerous green dishcloth, and I'll get it finished before bed tonight. I think that the knitting of those dishcloths may best be done either in the dark or very drunk (or both) from now on.

Finally, a word to the wise. When shaking up cough syrup for a small person who has a fever, a sore neck and a completely stuffed-up head, please check first if the cap is on the bottle.

I'm just sayin'.

And moppin'.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?