Saturday, February 05, 2005

 

Request for Assistance


Yes, I know you've all been getting the emails from the folks in Nigeria and elsewhere who want to send you anywhere from nine to 28 million dollars (and offering you a million or so for your valuable help!) so that you can run it through your bank account and send it to the people who need it 'cause you're all so trusted by these total strangers, however this isn't quite the same thing.

If anyone reading this is in the Greater Vancouver area, the Native Friendship Centre down on East Hastings street has been housing about 200 homeless people during the cold weather. They're ok for blankets, as far as I know, however they've been asking for donations of hats, mitts, socks, possibly scarves (although I don't have the document right here in front of me so I could be wrong) and non-perishable food items. If anyone has been bored as hell and has a stash of hats or anything that they'd like to donate, please drop me a line at bunniegirl@shaw.ca and let me know and I'll get you fixed up with a connection, or arrange to get them to the people who need them.

TIA, and stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?