Thursday, February 10, 2005

 

Oops!


Well. I guess I should have been a little clearer in yesterday's rant but well, you know ... I was drunk.

Or at least I had three beers while I was writing it.

Anyhow, I'm sorry if I got everyone all indignant and such. It's bad, but it's not quite as bad as it sounded. I just expected everyone reading to be fully conversant with the contents of my Collective Agreement and understand the difference between parental responsibility leave and vacation.

Obviously you have all neglected your duty to have comprehensive knowledge of every aspect of my life. I'm deeply offended; however, allow me to explain. Please pay attention. This will be on the final.

The Trolls didn't actually deny me leave for the day, they denied me "Parental Leave", which is leave with pay, but it doesn't come out of my vacation bank. I will get the day off but I'll take it as a vacation day.

My ire was raised by the fact that it was my employer who was a) denying me access to a service for which I pay and b) causing my child to be pretty much abandoned for the day, and then denying me access to the benefits in my contract which are designed to compensate for just such an emergency.

The really fun part of it is that the woman who denied the leave used to have her child in that self-same daycare.

Anyhow, I'm still going to get embossed stationery -- I mean, how cool could that be?

And I'm still gonna file a grievance with the union.

Bitch.

Comments:
Okay, maybe the situation isn't quite as grave as we at first thought, but you ARE right. They are denying a service that you have paid for. Hmmm.....submit a bill to the daycare for the percentage of the months care that you are missing? or for the wages for the day you have to take as "vacation" (some vacation!)? or for the amount you would have to pay someone else to babysit the "Child Who Has Been Denied Paid For Daycare".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?