Thursday, January 06, 2005

 

Three Down!


Well, I've sold my first three dishcloths for Doctors Without Borders. Unfortunately I mentioned it to a friend who bought those three before I actually had any COMPLETED so now I have to knit like a bitch.

Truly, how else could I knit? Ask yourself that.

I was hesitating to put a notice on the web board at work because the first time I did so I sold 25 in a week. That time the money was for my family and fortunately I had almost all of them done. When you're screaming broke $75 buys a lot of groceries!

Anyhow, I figured that I might be overwhelmed with orders if I put up a note that I was doing this for charity, so I think I'm still going to wait for a week or so, but I'm not working this weekend so I should be able to get quite a few done. (Not working, as most moms know, means that I'm staying at home, doing 6 loads of laundry, cooking 4-5 meals, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, changing the beds, playing Barbie for hours and unpacking 10 boxes. No, not working at all.) Hopefully I'll also find my hot water bottle. It's cold here.

Thank dog for Addi Turbos. They really have made my completion time a lot faster (and they're all pretty and SHINY). Now I just have to learn how to hold my yarn like a grownup and REALLY get some speed up. It seems that the way I hold my needles is called "crotch knitting", although I swear that my crotch isn't involved in any manner!

Any tips (with pix and/or video clips) on how to do this would be appreciated seeing my Mom doesn't know how to do it "properly" either ...

Anyhow, even if I only sell those three dishcloths, that's $9, and I do believe that the Canadian government (such as it is) is matching donations, so that would be $18. If even only 10% of the people in Canada did that we'd have what, $45 million?

That seems like a good start.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?