Saturday, August 07, 2004

 

Don't mean a thing ...


... if it ain't got that bling.

Or something.

Well, I survived the work marathon and even managed to finish the knitting on the first of the slippers listed in #40 in the last post. These, along with a blue lop-eared rabbit, will be going to a friend of mine who just had cancer surgery. Every girl undergoing chemo deserves some fancy slippers with funfur at the cuffs, no? I haven't sewn them together yet but I wanted to prove that I had at least done SOMETHING with my lazy ass of late.

Yes, I knit with my ass. Shut up.



I had an especially delightful day at work today. I don't know if it was the 4-1/2 hours of sleep, the constant interruptions or the fact that I'm just generally lame on Fridays, but I wasn't incredibly ... coordinated, shall we say?

Voila, the results of my attempt to re-ink a dried up perma-stamp. Guess I should have been looking at the bottle of ink when I squeezed it instead of chatting to someone.



The ink ran down between my last two fingers, staining the nails and the fingers black (no, I don't have dirty or broken nails!) and then running around inside my wedding band, leaving an indelible circle. I guess that puts paid to my plans to go out to the bar and take off my wedding ring. Pity, as we all know that chubby middle-aged women who have just worked 31 hours out of the last 40 are usually the first people who get picked up by cute boys out looking to get all sexed up. No, really. It's true. Just ask anyone.

Comments:
I am so glad to see that someone else is toner/inker impaired. Didn'tthey used to pack little disposable gloves with printer ribbons and such??

When did they stop?
 
It's a plot so that old ladies can't go out and get all sexed up. Of course, the fact that my husband doesn't let me date has nothing to do with anything.
 
I'm not sure what sex is. That's what I was going out to find out.

And thanks re: the knitting talents. I'm a beginner. There are a whole LOT of kick-ass knitters out there, several of whom I have links to at the side of the page thingie over there <---
 
Hello. I had to create my own blog in order to reply to this, but I think it will be OK.

That is a very nice slipper. It would be interesting to learn how to knit.

I hope everything goes OK with the ink hand and the cute boys.
 
Resistance is futile ... you will be assimilated ...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?